6-7 year olds: Mondays @ 5:30
8-11 year olds: Mondays / Wednesdays 6:15
Family karate: Mondays / Wednesdays 7:00
Quickest info: Text 724-640-2111
We are a family run and oriented karate school. Family martial arts classes are open to men, women, and children of all ages. Ask about our family discounts. Mondays and Wednesday evenings @ 7:00 PM. We also offer Saturday morning classes. Call 724-864-3495 to schedule a free trial lesson at no obligation to try out the class.
Norwin Ninjas Karate School Irwin North Huntingdon PA
A family that kicks together, sticks together…
Our classes are taught by the most experienced staff of black belts in the area. Allegheny Shotokan and norwin ninjas is decades of black belt excellence.
- Family Classes Traditional Karate: Shotokan Karate was founded by Gichin Funakoshi (The Father of Modern Karate). The classes focus on four main aspects: Kihon (basics), Kata (forms or patterns), Kumite (sparring) and Self-Defense. The Japanese Art form is a hard style of Martial Arts that teaches perfection of technique and Character. Students focus on repect, discipline and work ethic. It is a incredible workout both mentally and phyically.
- Sport Karate: All ages Sport karate takes the traditional arts and transforms them into competition. Our school trains and competes on a local, regional, national, and international tournament basis. We have travel teams and competitions for students of all skill levels and athletic ability. Sport karate builds self-confidence and focuses on speed, timing, and agility. If you are interested in competition, we are the premier school.
- Norwin Ninjas (Ages 4-7) (Ages 8-11) If you are looking to get your children into a class that will help them with mental focus, balance, discipline and respect… Norwin Ninjas is perfect for you. We have developed a special course for children ages 4-7 years old. Private lessons available for 3 year olds. Our Ninjas course teaches karate basics, Japanese terminology, balance & agility drills, hand-eye coordination and respect!
- Speed & Agility Classes Our unique programs are designed to help individuals, groups, and teams improve speed & agility. We prepare athletes for the dynamic demands of competitive sports. Whether you need an extra edge during the off season, or want to maintain superior mental and physical skills all year round, F.A.S.T. is the answer.
- Sports Conditioning Workshops It’s HIGH ENERGY, FUN, and DYNAMIC. It’s an workout that will get you in the best athletic shape of your life! The multi-faceted fitness conditioning workout is action packed with innovative enhancement exercises. F.A.S.T. program’s can benefit athletes from nearly every sport and skill level.
- Grappling, Mixed Martial Arts Japanese JuJitsu Mixed Martial Arts classes focus on both stand up and ground fighting.
- Weapons Training For students who have achieved rank in any of our standard Martial Arts courses, we offer Kobudo (weapons) classes taught by head weapons instructor, Dave Zezza. The primary weapon that students begin with is the Bo(staff). Advanced students also study the Sai, Tonfa, and lastly the ancient art of the Samurai Sword.
- Street Self-Defense Although you will learn the basics of self-defense in any of our standard classes, some students wish to take their training to the next level. We offer comprehensive workshops that deal with advanced joint locks, pressure points, and street based combat. These classes have been used by law enforcement and the military.
- Speciality Workshops (Women’s Self-Defense) We also offer 4 week and 8 week workshops that are crash courses for groups such as girl scouts, youth groups, church groups, women’s clubs, etc. This is extremely popular with females, and classes can be set up with as little as 10 in your group. Call 724-861-5162 for group discounts.